Found this Rugged Rig R3A Remote controlled motorised dolly on Vimeo, here is a straight cut and paste:
Whether you want to reposition your frame, shot, position your camera to a different marker, control 2 functions simultaneously or adjust transition speed, the R3A unit makes it all possible. Furthermore, you will find operating R3A as easy as playing common video game.
The R3A remote controlled motorised dolly is fully packed with useful functions. Firstly, the dolly can be operated on track or off track ( indoor smooth surfaces only) with an independent steering mechanism, giving filmmaker or photographer flexibility for an accurate positioning and effective use of area.
With its speed mast full 180 cm extension* ( * base of the camera) allows the R3A for a quick and smooth angle change. The 360 pan and 200 degree tilt function can be controlled individually or simultaneously with adjustable rotation giving the camera operator fully needed flexibility.
Remote control – The R3A remote uses 12 to expandable 24 open mixed frequency channels, 7 or 15 inch HDMI* screen, sensi touch joysticks, an extra HDMI output*, support of FULL HD signal streaming up to 15 meters and operation control up to 120 m…making it a true “power house” controller.
Expandability – *The expandable HDMI output to secondary computer screen with HD recording software gives the director and / or producer unprecedented control over any sequence with immediate video review. This function replaces conventional video clip checking (small LCD screen or camera viewers).
In a nutshell:
– R3A remote controlled dolly with steering mechanism support ( belt, linear actuator, spur or/bevel gears)
– fully operational on guided track or off track ( indoor smooth surfaces only)
– front and rear traction column ( swing arms) move independently
– rear traction column can be locked in place while operated off track
– adjustable pan and tilt speed rate
– mast elevation from camera base point – 65 to 75cm
– mast elevation speed rate adjustment*
– simultaneous remote control of 2 function ( pan / tilt, pan / traction, tilt /height)
– detachable mast
– full HD signal transmission / reception
– extra HDMI output
– 12 standard to 24 mixed frequency channel remote transmitter
– 12 standard to 24 mixed frequency channel remote receiver
– operation in 120 meter range*
– remote controller with 7, 10, to 15 inch HDMI screen
– Powered by 12v and 5v – up to 3A batteries
Base model price £ 2350
– remote controlled attachment for 2nd camera (+ £ 170 – £ 225)
– short base dolly attachment (+ £ 25)
– rubber 24 or 35 mm rail track 3 meters (+ £ 140)
– 4 x 3″ pneumatic wheels (+ £ 100)
– option of proportional pan and tilt head control (+ £ 235)
– option of 3 axis gyro head + added control (+ £ 400)
– faster elevation and depression hardware (+ £ 135 )
– long range visual transmission (+ £ 275)
– extra 2 x 12v battery pack (+ £ 40)
– wireless remote range expansion up to 1500 meters (+ £ 70)
– remote on / off camera trigger (+ £ 115)
– remote controlled follow focus (+ £ 385)
Contact Eduard Gelo for more.