Announced earlier this year and shown at NAB but only just released is the Panasonic AG-HMX100 and it is a HD/SD digital A/V mixer with built-in multi-viewer display and has 3D support. The AG-HMX100 is a portable or stand alone video switcher, audio mixer, multi-viewer and control panel in one single, compact unit. The Panasonic AG-HMX100 is a great little low cost mixer for schools, hotels, government facilities, corporations, public access channels, live events, and weddings.
The sticker price is around $5,800 for the Panasonic AG-HMX100.
• 7 video inputs: 4 SDI, 2 HDMI, and DVI-I
• 12 audio inputs including: 4 SDI, 4 XLR, 2 HDMI, Mic
• 9 video outputs: 4 SDI, 2 HDMI, 2 analog composite, DVI-I
• 6 audio outputs including: Program — XLR, SDI, Preview — SDI; AUX SDI; headphone
• Two analog composite inputs allow direct connection to legacy video sources (in SD system mode)
• Ability to mix embedded audio from HD/SD-SDI camcorders and other sources
• Genlock, GPI, RS-232C and tally output
• 12-bit processing ensures high image quality
• Supports 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 720/59.94p, 720/50p and 480/59.94i and 576/50i
• Built-in Multi-Viewer allows users to view up to 10 images on a single display, including video sources, audio levels, and a waveform monitor
• 5.7″ LCD screen displays five-row matrix menu which, combined with 5 rotary switches, allows you to change functions quickly and easily
• Digital effects include: basic pattern key, transition wipes, chroma and luminance keys, downstream keying (DSK), title key, time effects (still/strobe) and fades (in/out, video, audio).
• Preset/event memory buttons.
• Connects easily with Panasonic projectors via DVI-D, HD-SDI and RS-232C connections to mix various sources during a presentation, and can remotely control the projector’s power and shutter settings.
• Weight: less than 20 pounds
• Up to 100 event memories
• 10 keys for setting inputs
• Joystick control of key adjustments
For more on the Panasonic AG-HMX100