Convergent Design have released a welcomed firmware update for the Odyssey7Q recorder monitor. The 1.1.105 release.
There are improvements to old functions, fixes to some issues, and numerous new features.
Highlights of the firmware update include:
– Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 1920×1080 recording/playback up to 30p
– Mix file types on SSDs (raided, non-raided, RAW, ProRes, etc.)
– OLED Pixel Zoom frame drag (move window around frame)
– Improved/Added reference marks to Waveform, Histogram and False Color tools
– OLED automatic screen flip (defeatable)
– Audio meters
– Headphone volume control
– Hide video function (blackout OLED)
– 1.33 Frame Guide added
– Overlays on/off for SDI & HDMI outputs
Sony FS700 Record Option
– FS700 4K RAW recording up to 60p
– “4K2HD” FS700 4K RAW to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 1920×1080 recording up to 30p. This feature supports either SLOG2 or IT709 (REC709) Picture Profiles. 1080p super-sampled from 4K RAW for a superior image.
Canon C500 Record Option
– QuadHD RAW (3840×2160) recording up to 60p
– 2K & 1080p 12-bit RGB recording up to 30p in .DPX
Fixes & Improvements:
– FS700 false triggering reduced
– FS700 RAW white balance tracking corrected
– Monitored image tearing corrected
– Intermittent lines in image corrected
– Cinema DNG files improved for greater post software compatibility
– Improved SDI signal detection
Click HERE for the ODYSSEY7Q firmware page.
You will be directed to a page where the firmware can be downloaded, with release notes, and updating instructions.
An Odyssey SSD is required to perform the update.