Unlike pilot or diving watches, the bezel of the DoP*1 doesn’t indicate time that has passed; instead it is equipped with a countdown to zero feature.
Cinematographer Tom Fährmann, BVK designed the DoP*1 watch at the suggestion of Arnold & Richter and the timepiece is manufactured by Roland Kemmner, a renowned German watchmaker based in the Black Forest.
The DoP*1 watch interior consists of a fully mechanical automatic movement with calendar indication from Swiss manufacturer ETA, robust enough to withstand the rigours of life on a film set.
On the outside, ultra-hard sapphire glass, a low-reflective black PVD coated steel casing that promises water-resistance up to 200 meters and a black rubber strap help make it an ideal tool for camera professionals.
The DoP*1 Watch Technical Data:
– Robust, automatic movement ETA 2824-2 elaboré swiss
– Countdown to zero feature, bezel with sapphire glass insert
– PVD coated steel casing
– Water-resistance up to 200 meters
– Sturdy, waterproof rubber strap
– Ultra-hard, scratch-proof sapphire crystal glass, mineral hardness of 9 on the Mohs scale
– Hour hand filled with Super-LumiNova C-1 white, minute hand and second hand filled with yellow
– Calendar indication
Hit ARRI up, but be fast as there are only 500 DoP*1 Cinematographers Watches available.