AJA Video Systems have announced availability of Io 4K, an evolution of its popular devices for professional video I/O, updated and customised for Thunderbolt 2 technology and the latest 4K workflows. Io 4K connects to any Thunderbolt 2-enabled device such as the new Mac Pro, and uniquely offers an additional Thunderbolt 2 port for daisy-chaining other peripherals in supported workflows.
Io 4K, which ships today, offers a broad range of professional video and audio connectivity, supporting the latest 4K and UltraHD devices. AJA’s proven conversion technology allows realtime high-quality scaling of 4K to 2K and UltraHD to HD. Io 4K seamlessly integrates with leading broadcast, post-production and delivery tools such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Media Composer, AJA Control Room, Telestream Wirecast 5 and more.
AJA was one of the first out of the gate with support for Thunderbolt with their Io XT and T-TAP products. Thunderbolt 2 enables unprecedented high resolution workflows for video professionals, and AJA has designed an ideal product in Io 4K to take advantage of that bandwidth.
Key Io 4K features include:
– 4K/UHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 2
– Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining other peripherals in supported workflows
– Use with the new Mac Pro for video output up to 4K at 10-bit quality
– Enables 10-bit 4K video monitoring with Final Cut Pro X 10.1
– 4x bi-directional 3G-SDI
– 4K/UHD/HD HDMI input and output
– Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
– Realtime 4K to 2K or UltraHD to HD down-conversion for HD-SDI and HDMI output
– 10-bit high-quality 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 workflow support
– 16-channel embedded audio on SDI
– 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI
– Multi-channel analog audio output on DB-25 connector
– 2-channel analog audio on RCA connectors
– XLR 12V power for battery or AC use
– RS422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input
– Headphone jack with level control
“There has been so much anticipation for the Mac Pro from video professionals whose workflows truly stand to benefit from its incredible power,” said Nick Rashby, president, AJA Video Systems. “Io 4K not only represents a new evolution in our video I/O devices, it is also the first product to market showcasing AJA’s new product design esthetic while still embracing our commitment to performance, reliability and support.”
Io 4K is now available via AJA’s global network of resellers at a US MSRP of $1,995. For more information please visit www.aja.com.