Vision Research officially launch the Phantom Flex4K camera at IBC.
The Phantom Flex4K offers exceptional image quality, new workflow options, a user-friendly camera control interface, and outstanding performance at both ultra high-speed and standard frame rates.
“After we previewed the camera at NAB 2013, we have been showing the Phantom Flex4K prototype all summer, and the response has been amazing. Cinematographers can’t wait to get their hands on it,” said Toni Lucatorto, Cinema Product Manager at Vision Research. “The production model of the Flex4K is now ready for its debut at IBC, and we will ship the first orders next month. We are very excited about this camera and its potential in the TV and motion picture industry.”
The Phantom Flex4K supports various in-camera workflows to address different production styles. Phantom’s uncompressed Cine raw format ensures the fastest high-speed capture on set and maximum quality and versatility for post-production. The footage is saved to an all-new hot-swappable Phantom CineMag IV, available in sizes up to 2TB. Vision Research also has announced plans to introduce in-camera compression via a firmware update in early 2014. Three 3G HD-SDI video outputs are available and compatible with the industry’s latest field recorders.
Capture the full 4K super 35mm sensor and then save those files at full resolution, or choose to output them at 2K resolution for a rich, over-sampled image. Sync-sound frame rates and time code is fully supported. For high-speed capture, it’s possible to record up to 940 fps at the camera’s full resolution of 4096 x 2304, 1,000 fps at 4096 x 2160, up to 2,000 fps when windowed down to 1920 x 1080, and over 3,000 fps at 1280 x 720.
Another notable feature of the camera system is the new, full-featured on-camera control interface. All camera parameters can be set from the built in menu on the right side of the camera body, eliminating the need for software connection on set. Shortcuts are available for popular functions and multiple user presets exist to allow for a quick setup. Controls for capture, playback, save and monitoring can be found on both sides of the camera.
Additional high performance features include:
– Recording Media: Phantom CineMag™IV, up to 2TB
– RAM: Up to 64GB of internal memory
– Monitoring: Three main 3G HD-SDI outputs, which can be configured as independent 4:4:4 1080p signals or used together to supply a dual-link 4K output while maintaining a live HD signal
– Viewfinder: A new, high-quality Phantom OLED HD Viewfinder is part of the system. Support for both component and HD-SDI-based viewfinders are included.
– System power: 1x main 24V input; Optional Integrated battery mount supporting industry standard batteries
– Accessory power: Several 12V and 24V accessory outputs
– Lens mount: Interchangeable between PL, Canon EF and Nikon F/G standards
Vision Research is officially launching the Phantom Flex4K at 2013 IBC and will start shipping limited quantities in October. Be sure to visit the Vision Research booth #11.D47 for a demonstration of this exciting new camera.
keep up to date with the innovations on the Vision Research blog at https://www.visionresearch.com/blog.