ARRI have announced they will be working with James Cameron and Vince Pace on an exciting cooperative partnership involving the development of the ARRI ALEXA M camera system. The Cameron Pace company will be called Cameron-Pace Group or CPG and will work with the ARRI Alexa M camera on key 3D production possibilities. The ARRI Alexa M will be available in 2012.
Check out the ARRI Alexa M as seen on the stands at NAB thanks to the @FilmmakingDude : ARRI Alexa M at NAB 2011
ARRI is developing a further model in the ALEXA family of cameras: the ALEXA M – a new, flexible solution consisting of a separate camera head and body. ALEXA M is tailored for action photography, tight corner shots and 3D productions. Based on cutting edge ARRI technologies, the M model features the same exceptional image quality that has made ALEXA the most powerful digital production system ever built.
The M head is optimized for small size and low weight, offering the greatest flexibility when used on lightweight 3D setups. Multiple mounting points on top and bottom allow an easy setup onto existing 3D rigs. Head and body are connected with a fiber optic cable that can also be used for powering the head, depending on distance. The backend provides various recording options, just like the standard ALEXA does: images, sound and metadata can be recorded onto SxS cards or on external recording devices, offering different kinds of workflows. ALEXA M has a PL mount, works perfectly with all existing 35mm lenses and is compatible with a wide range of ARRI accessories.
ALEXA M benefits:
* Same exceptional image quality, reliability and versatile workflows as all of the
* cameras in the ALEXA range
* Separate head and body for more flexibility on set
* Small form factor of head
* Weight of head approx. 2.5 kg
* Quiet operation
* Full 3D sync functionality
* Fiber optic interface between front end and back end for long distance signal transmission
* Power over fiber/copper cable or local power supply
* Multiple 3/8-16 and M4 mounting points on top and bottom
Go here for more info on the ARRI Alexa M camera.