Maybe it is time you went out and bought that old El Camino / Suzuki Mighty Boy / Brute Ute and whacked a Kessler Crane and Kessler Revolution Head on it for a PH fat DIY Russian Arm camera rig. Need inspiration then run your peeps over the Filmotechnic showreel that covers the Russian Arm from way back in 1987 up till around about now.
Still want more motivation to spur you on then take a gander at the fairly stock Ford Raptor running with a sweet crane and remote head combo. Go on search eBay for a pick up truck that will become your next DIY $20 rig.
This street-legal, off-road capable and Baja-tested machine delivers true off-road performance thanks to its high-performance parts:
• Big-bore 6.2L SOHC 6.2L V8 rated at 411 horsepower and 434 lb.-ft. of torque
• FOX Racing Shox™
• BFGoodrich® 35″ all-terrain tires
• 4.10 front axle with new Torsen® differential and 4.10 electronic-locking rear axle
• 11.2 inches of front suspension travel and 12.1 inches of rear travel
• Oversized heavy-duty skid plates.
For safety this Raptor Camera Car has a steel-reinforced roof as well as a full exterior roll cage.
Please see Filmotechnic for their selection of automobile camera movement solutions.