At IBC 2013 Thales Angénieux have unveiled their versatile new Optimo DP 25-250mm zoom lens.
This new innovative lens is optimized for digital sensors and offers outstanding quality and performance. With a perfect combination of zoom ratio, touch, aperture and price, it is ideal for all budget productions: features, TV series, documentaries and commercials. It perfectly completes the Optimo DP16-42 and Optimo DP 30-80.
“Our goal was to create a very versatile, precise, and easy to use lens at the best price.” said Dominique Rouchon – Sales and Marketing Director, Thales Angénieux. “As our legendary 25-250 HR, it’s a very robust lens, meant to withstand a variety of shooting conditions.The somewhat mythical focal length of 25-250mm appreciated by generations of DoP’s everywhere has been re- born with the best of today’s optical and technological advances.”
With a fast aperture of T:3.5, no ramping, minimal breathing the Optimo DP 25-250 offers optimized optical quality withlow chromatic aberration, telecentricity and low distorsion, ideal for high performance S35 digital cameras.The focus scale ring with precise focus marks is easily interchangeable from feet to meters. The lens integrates filter and net holders and is compatible with technology*metadata system.
The Optimo DP 25-250 is a standard PL mount lens. Panavision, Canon EF and Nikon F mounts are optional. The Optimo DP 25-250 can be equipped with 1.4x and 2x Optimo extenders to become a 35-350mm or a 50-500mm.
The Optimo DP 25-250 Specs:
Aperture: f/3.2 – T3.5
Zoom ratio: 10 X
Weight (approx.): 7.3 kg (16 lbs)
Length: 377.4 mm (PL)
372.3 mm (Panavision)
MOD: 1.22 m (4 feet)
Image coverage: S35 + : 31.4mm diagonal
• Optimized optical quality with low chromatic aberration, telecentricity and low distortion, ideal for high performance S35 digital cameras
• Internal focus with minimal breathing
• Image circle of 31.4mm diagonal for perfect illumination of the S35 sensors
• Very robust and precise zoom and focus mechanics with Angénieux unique rod guiding system design
• Precise focus marks with easily interchangeable focus scale ring from feet to meters
• Integrated filter holder for standard screw in filters
• Integrated net holder
• Optional front protective glass
• Designed for easy maintenance
• technology metadata interface *
• Standard PL mount lens. Panavision, Canon EF or Nikon F mounts optional
* is a registered trademark of Cooke Optics Limited
Please see Thales Angénieux for more information about the Optimo DP 25-250mm zoom lens.