RE:Vision Effects have announced Twixtor 6 with GPU support for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro and Apple Final Cut Pro.
Internal calculation speedups of up to 5x on GPUs have been measured over running Twixtor in CPU mode, already known for its speed. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards such as the AMD FirePro W7000-9000, Radeon HD 7970 or 7990 or NVIDIA Quadro K5000, K6000 and GeForce GTX 680, 690, 780 and Titan. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops.
As a total user experience that includes reading frames, processing with Twixtor and writing frames to disk, we have measured speedups of up to 5x in After Effects, and in Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro we have measured total user experience speedups of up to 3x. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration, specific GPU, and features of Twixtor that are used. Customers who have used Twixtor 5 should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to Twixtor 6.
* After Effects CS5 or later.
* Premiere Pro CS5 or later. CS6 or later needed for GPU support. Customers must have a GPU that is supported by Premiere Pro. Premiere Pro does not need to support the GPU in OpenCL mode, but it must support the GPU in either of the CUDA or OpenCL modes.
* Final Cut Pro 7 and FCP X 10.0.8 and up.
* GPU with 1G memory officially supported. GPUs with 500m can work for Twixtor, but are not officially supported.
* Driver for GPU must support OpenCL 1.1. Note that Mac OS 10.7 and up automatically provides this compatibility. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
* Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit for GPU support. Vista is still supported for CPU mode.
* Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8. Mac OS 10.6 still supported for CPU mode. It is highly recommended that when on Macintosh to use Mac OS 10.8 for the GPU mode of Twixtor because the OpenCL drivers are more robust and run up to 30% faster than those of Mac OS 10.7.
* More detailed GPU info found at https://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/gpu-info/.
One of the more popular examples of Twixtor used well; Pi by Thomas Blanchard:
Pricing and Availability
* Twixtor 6: $329.95
* Twixtor Pro 6: $595.00
* Same license works for After Effects/Premiere Pro. Final Cut Pro version is a separately purchased license. Purchase for both FCP and AE/PP for same machine for at reduced pricing.
* Any previous version of Twixtor regular for AE/PP or FCP to v6: $82.49
* Any previous version of Twixtor Pro AE/PP or FCP to v6: $149.95
* Free upgrade to users who purchased Twixtor 5 for AE/PP or FCP on or after August 1, 2013
* More info here: https://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/pricing
* Volume discounts available. Contact email@example.com
Downloads and Tutorials:
* Demo versions available in the download section for each of the products: www.revisionfx.com/products/
* Tutorials: https://help.revisionfx.com/