Mark Roberts Motion Control MRMC have announced the imminent arrival of a DSLR pan tilt head called the Robo-head. The MRMC Robo-head will provide the high specifications not normally only found in Mark Roberts Motion Control products but at a fraction of the cost.
The finishing touches to the Robo-head are still being finalized, and MRMC have leaked to us a sneak peek.
The MRMC Robo-head has the following advantages:
• LOW-COST high-end, quality, pan tilt head.
• Light-weight aluminium construction with a 4kg/9lb payload.
• Ethernet controlled, which can include Wi-Fi or controlled from remote locations, even via 3G.
• Built-in Web-server, means time-lapse can be done from any Web-browser, i.e. iPhone/iPad, Android phone/tablet, laptop, PC, Mac, Linux etc.
• Built-in controller, so once programmed, head can be disconnected from user interface and run on its own, i.e. your laptop or phone does not need to be permanently connected.
• Fully encoded servo-motors for repeatable shots even at different frame rates.
• 12V Battery or mains powered and can provide power to camera too.
• Interface to Flair, our industry standard motion control software, for more advanced shoots.
• Ports for additional lens motors such as Zoom or Focus (new compact lens motors are also being designed as part of this).
• And of course, lots of track/dolly options as always.
MRMC are currently calling for the first 100 pre-orders now so get in quick to register your interest and be the first to take home a Mark Roberts Motion Control Robo-head.
For more information please go to Mark Roberts Motion Control.