Step aside HDMI only field recorders do you even know what an XLR is? Up front and centre pops Sound Devices with their PIX Video Recorders with scalability and flexibility. Two models and yes one is the HDMI only PIX 220 and the full blown full strength PIX 240.
With deep expertise in production audio and hard drive-based audio recorders, Sound Devices built the PIX recorders with the highest audio performance. The audio circuitry on the PIX 220 and PIX 240 are based on Sound Devices award-winning 7-Series Digital Audio Recorders. The low-noise (-128 dBu equivalent input noise), high-bandwidth inputs are mic/line switchable and include limiters, high-pass filters, and 48V phantom power. The audio source is menu-selected between embedded HDMI audio, embedded HD-SDI audio (PIX 240 only) or balanced audio connected to PIX.
* Premium microphone preamps, on balanced XLR, mic/line selectable with 48V phantom, limiters, high-pass
* -128 dBu input noise, 115 dB dynamic range A/D
* AES3 digital inputs 2 x 2 channels (PIX 240)
* Two-channel, line level balanced output on 5-pin XLR
* Embedded audio on HDMI, 2 channels
* Embedded audio on HD-SDI, 8 channels (PIX 240)
* High output, low-noise headphone amp
The PIX 240 offers both HD-SDI and HDMI input and simultaneous HD-SDI and HDMI outputs.
Time Code and Genlock
Additionally, the PIX 240 has a tunable, high-accuracy time code generator/reader by Ambient complete with Genlock (or word clock) output. The time code source can be derived from an HD-SDI stream, from an external jammed source, or from the built-in generator.
AES3 Digital Audio
In addition to its high-performance analog audio inputs, the PIX 240 accepts AES3 digital audio. Sound Devices field mixers and recorders, including the MixPre-D, 552, and 7-Series recorders, output AES digital audio. Up to four digital audio inputs on two XLR connectors are accepted.
PIX 240 includes an external eSATAp connector for direct, powered connection to large SATA storage volumes.
PIX 240 Input Flexibility
* HDMI input accepts(480i, 525i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p), v1.3
* HD-SDI input accepts (480i, 525i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)
For more Deets pop on over to Sound Devices.